I had the privilege of attending Taste of the Summit at Willow Creek Community Church yesterday. The Global Leadership Summit is, in my opinion, the best 2 days of Leadership content and inspiration all year long.
Let me explain:
You and I have limits. When you can’t will yourself any longer to push to the next level within yourself for what a situation needs. This is the beginning of our mind-body problem, when our hardware and software are not in sync to push our limits further.
This is the moment when you and I begin searching for a connection and we start in...
Corner 1 - No Connection
- Can’t find a connection
- Leadership can put us here because leadership is lonely
Corner 2 - Bad Connection
- Not overtly abusive, but harmful connections are made
- Leaves you feeling bad about yourself
- You search for connections that make you feel good
- This takes you back to Corner 1
Corner 3 - Pseudo Good Connection
- Feels good
- Substance, relationship or results that reward
- Becomes an addictive place
- This takes you back to Corner 2
Corner 4 - Real Connection
- You find who you really are through relational connection
- This is 1 to a few trusted people who know your good, bad & ugly
- A place of openness and authenticity
- A place of truth and grace